Google+ WHAT'S ALEXANDRA WARING?: Vintage Vixen
                           

Vintage Vixen

Saturday, 26 January 2013



Today I visited the Sheffield Vintage Festival. I'll be doing a write up on this later, but for now- here is my look for the day!


Shirt- A New Shop
Skirt- Urban Outfitters
Tights- Primark
Shoes- New Look
Necklace- Topshop

Although I LOVE vintage, the look as a whole is SO hard to do! Kudos to girls that do this everyday. The hair alone took me about 40 mins.. whilst watching a tutorial on victory rolls. Check out this gal's other hair tutorials- they're really good and easy to follow. My own (sort of gross) tip would be that it is so much easier to achieve this sort of look with your hair the day after it's been washed, as it hold so much easier and doesn't  fall out of place as much. I'm going to go and shower now...

But seriously, how girls do this everyday I do not know. The pencil skirt doesn't allow you to bend or in fact, perform many other humanly tasks (such as putting on wellies- it was snowing outside, okay?!). I had to wear one for two years as part of school uniform and I managed to tear mine to pieces. I once vividly remember one of my friends skirts ripping right up to the top... not a good idea!
But with a slick of make up, plenty of eyebrow pencil and a good shapely appliance of lipstick, you're good to go. However, I'll not be trying this again for a while. Well, not until I can feel my rib cage again (damn you, vintage underwear).

And all this effort for a vintage show! Well you can't say I don't try...

post signature
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

  1. That's a really pretty look! I love vintage! I really like your blog! I'm glad that I found it! It would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits, personal style, likes and much more :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete