Google+ WHAT'S ALEXANDRA WARING?: Tattoos: Fashion fix or Faux Pas?
                           

Tattoos: Fashion fix or Faux Pas?

Monday, 4 February 2013


(All images via. pinterst pinmarklet)

Tattoos are on the rise again in line with the print trend this season, but what IS a tattoo to most people? Is it a tribal piece of marksman ship that shows your inability to grasp a sense of responsibility (my father's opinion) or is it a way of expressing true emotion, meaning, beauty and commitment (guess who's opinion that is!).

But despite my approval of tattoos, I still haven't got any myself. I guess I'm worried for all the generic vain reasons (what will my wrist/arm/ankle look like when I'm 80?!) and the worry that, like my affinity for piercings, I'd get too addicted far too quickly.
Part of me just wants to take the plunge, but my forever damnable responsible side forbids me. What do you guys think?


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Just had my second one done, very happy with both, absolutely no regrets. I think that they can enhance an outfit, definitely, but would perhaps cover them for events like a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought that, but where I'd want them, they'd be visible the majority of the time. Guess it depends how much you want one!

      Delete