Google+ WHAT'S ALEXANDRA WARING?: Sorapol 'Immortal' AW13
                           

Sorapol 'Immortal' AW13

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

One of my favourite labels, Sorapol, recently showed their AW13 collection aptly titled 'Immortal'. If I didn't already love Sorapol, then this collection certainly made me fall head over heels all over again.
The show was put on in the gorgeous location that is 33 Portland Place. You might recognise it from scenes in The Kings Speech, Amy Winehouse's video for 'Rehab' and Agent Provocateur campaigns from years past. 
(Images from 33portlandplace.com)

All I know is, I want to live there.

This collection is a huge step in a different direction for Sorapol with their last collection (SS13) comprising of PVC leathers, outlandish capes and netting- (still right up my street though!)




The Immortal collection embodies the story of 'The Beauty of Xiaohe', a young girl given to a Chinese Emperor as a peace offering and gift. Her story is shown through the progression of the outfits in the show, as her ego grows and her delusions become more apparent. She begins to believe she is the ruler of every place she goes to and her grandeur is accentuated as she goes. 

With grandiose embellishments and a cross between Eastern elegance meets Victorian silhouettes  it comprises one of the most innovative collections I've seen this season. It also featured these gorgeous head pieces by Emily Frances Barrett which I have to say, just finish off the outfits beautifully. What Chinese empress wouldst want to wear this??






With llamasqua as the geniuses behind the make up, I am utterly and irrevocably in love with the Immortal collection by Sorapol. How a single collection can do this to me, I don't know....


(image from boymeetsfashion.com)

(Thanks to POP PR for the backstage pics!)

If you're falling in love just by looking at these pictures, then check out their Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook for daily updates from behind the scenes!

No comments:

Post a Comment