Google+ WHAT'S ALEXANDRA WARING?: North Meet Up- a beauty blogging adventure in Manchester!
                           

North Meet Up- a beauty blogging adventure in Manchester!

Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Ill admit, I'm a self professed beauty novice. I guess it stems from those 'disappointing' Christmas and birthday presents from long lost aunts or 'irreletives' when you get a bath bomb making kit, or yet another lipgloss from Claire's accessories (despite the fact that I am now 20...). As you can tell, I've never really been into the whole beauty product scene. So when it came to the North Meet Up in Manchester, organised by the gorgeous Em Sheldon of emtalks.co.uk, I wasn't just nervous, I was full blown out of my depth. All I had to lean back on was my SLR and my winning charm (hah!) so I worked the room like a street style photographer on crack. But for all my worrying, it simply wasn't worth the stress- it was an absolutely fantastic event, with free demos of products, constant giveaways and even a red carpet for us bloggers to get our 'blue steel' on. I even felt comfortable enough confessing to the ladies from Glamglow that I had ever used fake tan before (the looks on their faces were priceless enough) but I can't fault them for all the tips and advice they gave me about it. I may now even try out that bottle of St. Tropez that's been sitting on my shelf for a good 6 months...
But in all seriousness, and from what all the girls were saying, it was the best beauty blogger event in a long time. The amount of samples that kept being handed to me was both amazing and extremely weighty! I had to full on massage my feet for an hour at home before I could feel them again after carrying THAT lot back to Sheffield. But I can't wait to share my favourites with you guys- more mortifyingly embarrassing videos anyone?

But anyway, here are my pictures from the day, including some snaps of the absolute BABES at the event! Bloggers rule. Peace.



My spoils from the day!

Thanks again to Em- you're an absolute babe! x

3 comments:

  1. It was a really lovely event. Was great meeting you! :)

    Lola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, there I am! Me and my chins... Nice to meet you! (I'm the one with the printed blouse) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that blouse so much! And don't be silly, chicken- what chins??! xxx

      Delete