Google+ WHAT'S ALEXANDRA WARING?: The Accessories Make The Outfit...
                           

The Accessories Make The Outfit...

Thursday, 2 May 2013

This week I've been inspired by my babe Carmen over at Maiden of Wood and her gorgeous ring collection! I snapped this pic of her at the #NottsBBMeet a few weeks ago as I just loved them. Carms has also got a YouTube channel- check it out: super inspiring!

I love a big crystal ring (call me a closet mystic meg) so I bagged these beauties from eBay last week: can't wait for them to arrive!


Next on my list are some stack-able and above knuckle rings. Some of my favourite places to find jewellery bargains are Dixi, The Little Deer, Rock N Rose, eBay and my obvious favourites offline include The Vintage Fair & no one can deny a Topshop classic! 

But as we all know, the right accessories can either make or break an outfit... here are some guidlines to making your outfit stand out with the perfect accessories!

5 cardinal rules of jewellery wearing:
1) Always wear too little, NEVER too much (unless you want to look like a drag queen)
2) big necklace + big earrings = nono
3) Always try to wear at least earrings: it will make the outfit!
4) Try to match metals where appropriate (i.e. no gold earrings and silver belt)
5) If you're wearing a statement piece (huge earrings/ large necklace) pair everything else down around it (accessories wise!)

Let me know what your faves are over at @allylovessloths!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment