Google+ WHAT'S ALEXANDRA WARING?: #VintSetFest with The Vintage Set, Birmingham
                           

#VintSetFest with The Vintage Set, Birmingham

Thursday, 25 July 2013


Yesterday I attended a fab little pop-up event at The Custard Factory in Birmingham as organised by The Vintage Set and Tiger Bam Comms. Having never been to Birmingham before I set off early to explore the city and have a good look at the mid-season sales!


I arrived and grabbed a map from the tourist information point (cue strange looks from people) and made my way to the bullring shopping center where I found the famous Birmingham bull..
Having wondered around for a bit, I met up with fellow bloggers Jess, Paige a and Talia for a Nando's and more shopping...


 After a replenishing Starbucks we made our way down to The Custard Factory and what a fab joint it is! If you get the chance to visit Birmingham, make the effort to go down there and have a look. If you like boutique shops and kooky street art then this is the place for you (even if it did mean having to endure cat calls from dodgy blokes through the streets of Digbeth to get there...)


Me and the girls made it to the event and after a welcome drink and gift (I got a bronze eyeshadow palette!) we headed inside. Within 5 minutes I'd nabbed myself this cute velveteen textured jumper from The Vintage Set and made my way to the swap rail where I traded in a couple of items for this navy handbag and rose textured crop top.


We then received our goody bags and ferreted through them to see what we'd got. Amongst other things I got some tanning lotion from Little White Lie, some Carmex, a Macadamia deep repair hair masque and 3 nourishing hair treatments with natural oils from Hask.


I also had the pleasure of meeting more of my favourite people- some gorgeous bloggers! Meet Lisette, Holly and Laura. Not to mention the lovely Tori who I'd met previously at Sophia's event earlier this year...
Although I had to leave early, there were some great things going on throughout the event including an up-cycling workshop, a nail artist, a live band (New Killer Shoes), a styling competition and a Q&A session with a panel boasting some of the top names in the business.

 


A big big thank you to The Vintage Set for inviting me to this event and to Tiger Bam Comms without whom, the event wouldn't have been possible. Thanks and I hope to be coming to another one of your events soon!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Art is so beautiful so many design there in this article i love it.Specially most like art for student it is really helpful and motivate for student. Academic Writing Help

    ReplyDelete