Google+ WHAT'S ALEXANDRA WARING?: New Fashion Talent: Charlie Pallett Photography
                           

New Fashion Talent: Charlie Pallett Photography

Monday, 26 August 2013

It's very rare for me to find real fashion talent so close to my home town, so when I saw an advert on Twitter for MUA's for a photo shoot in my hometown by a Photography student, I knew I'd hit gold. Enter Charlie Pallett- an inspirational young woman with her foot firmly in the door when it comes to her future in Photography. I interviewed her to find out her inspiration, her motivation and how she's got to where she is today...


Models: Jessica Hatton & Nayaab Tania | Hair & Makeup: Sonia Zarine

So let's get the cliches out of the way first! How and why did you first get involved in Photography?

- I first got into photography when I went on the holiday of a dream to the Maldives when I was 14 in 2009. One of the ladies that came with us on the dream week away had a DSLR. She asked me to take a few pictures of her and her family and the love began instantly. I then returned from the holiday determined to get into photography, and I was lucky enough to be bought my first DSLR. 

I see you're now studying in Leicester- what's the course like and would you recommend it to budding photographers?

- I've just finished my 2 years of A-Levels at QE College in Leicester studying Photography, Graphic Design and Business. 
All my courses were amazing to study, and challenging as well. 
Most photographers probably wouldn't do A-Levels to study photography but it was the path I took so I could study Graphic Design and Business as well, and if that's the path other budding photographers want to take, doing one subject alongside another it's a good way to do it. 

Model: Jessica Hatton | Hair and Makeup: Sonia Zarine

Your work mainly comprises of fashion shots but what's your favourite thing to shoot and why?

- My favourite thing to shoot is fashion editorials. I love to incorporate interesting looks of quirky models as well as interesting styling, and picturesque locations. 
I have some upcoming shoots that showcase all of those favourites aspects of what I love to photograph, from woodland shoots, swimming pool swimwear shoots and London park editorials. 


Model: Nancy Dawkins | MUA: Paige Fisher | Designer: Chloe Willoughby

How do you come up with ideas for shoots? Who do you take inspiration from and who's your favourite photographer?

- I use my own ideas for most of my shoots coming from random inspirations from simply something I see in the street to inspiration from a piece of clothing I base a complete shoot around. Other sources of inspiration of from my collection of Vogue, Elle and many other fashion magazines. Obviously I'm completely inspired by other photographers work also from makeup designs to hair styles. 
As for my favourite photographers they're probably your normal expected ones from David Bailey, Rankin and Steven Meisel. But my all time favourite would have to be Marcel Van Der Vlugt for his unique, experimental and fascinating ideas. However when it comes to my love of graphic design and that influence on my photography I adore Dan Mountford's pieces, and Nacho Ormaechea's montages. 

Model: Daniella Myrick | MUA: Lucy Rose Hanagan

What's been your the best shoot to work on so far? 

- My best shoot to work on so fair was assisting Joe Prileszky on his photo shoot with Xfactor's Janet Devlin. 
My favourite of my own shoots to work on was probably my most recent photo shoot with upcoming model Daniella Myrick and amazing MUA Lucy Hanagan on my boho-themed beauty shoot that I shot in the gorgeous Rutland countryside one of our lucky summers days.   


(b&w) )Model & Makeup: Robyn Fitzsimons      (colour) Model: Phoebe O'Brien | MUA: Lucy Hanagan | Designer: Charlotte Booty | Jewellery: Jade Mellor
Once you've finished studying, what does the future hold for CPPhotography and what would be your dream job?

- The future of CPPhotographs? I like the sounds of that! I am not going to University to study, I'm going to take the non-conventional route and avoid University and take the world on by myself building my own knowledge from personal experiences, work opportunities, and online courses. As well as the opening of my own studio/gallery in the upcoming months. 
As for my dream job, I'd adore just one big break with one big brand/name/agency. It'd be fashion based and influenced by my ideas in a picturesque location, but my dream job will happen on day when it's ready! 

Model: Daniella Myrick | MUA: Lucy Rose Hanagan

Finally, do you have any advice for budding photographers and graphic designers?

- As advice goes, I don't really feel successful enough to give advice just yet, (haha) but for people questioning whether to attempt to get into the industry or not, I'd day 'Do it'. You only get one shot at things and I'm a big believer of standing by doing what you love. I've only ever wanted a job I want to wake up for. By biggest advice is take advantage of social media, it's the your broadcast and advertising point, it's the best place to get your name out there and to showcase your work and get in contact with collaborators and mostly IT'S FREE!  


Model: Florrie Parsons | MUA: Lucy Hanagan | Designer: Charlotte Booty | Jewellery: Jade Mellor

You can stay up to date with Charlie's work on Twitter | Facebook | InstagramHer Website 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment