Google+ WHAT'S ALEXANDRA WARING?: Snow Designs & Interiors
                           

Snow Designs & Interiors

Friday, 2 August 2013


Today I took a trip into my hometown, Stamford in South Lincolnshire for market day. Having lived somewhere your whole life, you rarely look at what's really around you and today I said, "enough!" and decided to start documenting my local area.

 The town certainly has a lot to offer if you know where to look. One such example of this is Snow Designs- mainly a home furnishings shop but filled with quirks and flairs of inspiration. Imagine walking into an 'Interiors' board on Pinterest... and you're halfway there. The shop makes my inner interior designer ache with amazement. 


The treasure trove of the interior design world, it has absolutely all sorts of wonderful bits and bobs that make me want to rip out all my house furnishings and start again.... or short of that, hiring the brains behind Snow Design, Camilla, to sort me out.



Having opened up the shop in February of this year, it is relatively new to Stamford. Run by Camillia Snow, the shop stocks brilliant British designers in order to promote new design talent- a commendable enterprise! 


The shop is also filled with the most incredible taxidermy and I'm finding a weird affinity for it. This fox skull caught my eye in its sort of "grotesque beauty".  Have a look at the shop's Pinterest page as well for more incredible taxidermy inspo.


(I also found this fab book on Blogging for Creatives- check it out!)



I LOVE these cat, owl and dog paintings by 'Mario' in the shop! They're so quirky and tongue-in-cheek. They'd look gorgeous whether you put one or several on your wall!


Another talent that graces the shop walls is that of photographer Jerry Wesley and his beautiful high-contrast work. Based in Kibworth, Leicestershire, Wesley indulges in all aspects of photography including commercial work, portraiture and also teaches the art through one-to-one tuition. You can view his work here and buy in store at Snow. 


Another one of my favourite parts to the shop is the snug downstairs. It almost feels like your in your own living space, with thick beige carpets and toned down lighting. 


In this section is also a delightful treasure trove of selected clothing (one of which I featured on my new blog the other day!). They're the sort of clothes you'd imagine on graceful women on the south coast of Italy somewhere- without the horrendous price tag! Prices start at around £10.


Thanks to Snow Design & Interiors for letting me take pictures around your gorgeous shop!

You can follow Snow on the social media platforms below:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Pinterest  |  Tumblr


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment