Google+ WHAT'S ALEXANDRA WARING?: Weekly Wishlist
                           

Weekly Wishlist

Thursday, 22 August 2013

Weekly Wishlist

This week I'm having a love affair with ASOS and River Island, but loving the vibrant mix of prints that are still being shown. I saw an article the other day predicting a 'back to basics' turn around for fashion next season wherein tailoring and simplistic shapes would be the name of the game... and almost weeped. I'm LOVING the key trends at the minute and, in my humble opinion, the more prints the better! So here I've dived into the world of prints, textures and colours whilst I can!

First up, this incredible wet-look shirt from ASOS is my idea of perfection at the minute. If you hadn't guessed already, I'm obsessed with PVC and high shine pieces at the minute- take my advice and invest in one now! Paired with either this gorgeous matt leather-look burgundy skirt or mixed print trousers (both from River Island), you've got yourself a look to be proud of this season.

Another key trend at the moment is punk and although I feel very much like I've 'been there, done that', the trend offers a lot of different options to mix it up. This swing dress from ASOS in red rose prints, with a velveteen texture makes my heart sing and my inner rebel rock. I'd layer up some silver necklaces over the top and pair with some chunky chelsea boots and thick socks for a comfy, cool look.

Whilst we're clinging onto the final days of summer with our bare teeth, these Deena & Ozzy sandals (available from Urban Outfitters) are only £25 down from £75 and incredibly cute! A raised platform gives height without the pain of heels and as they're made from leather and rubber, will make sure your foot stays put- minimizing on rubbing. 

Finally, a couple of months ago I attended an event for bloggers in Birmingham as arranged by Fabb events, where I met the minds behind new brand 'Tinned Bananas'. They have some fab prints in wild fabrics that tick every box for a party-loving kinda gal. This snake polo neck top caught my eye the other day- a key piece for next season as it will keep you warm and bang on trend.

Keep in touch via Twitter and follow me on Bloglovin'

post signature

1 comment: