Google+ WHAT'S ALEXANDRA WARING?: Key Season Piece: Oversized Polo Neck
                           

Key Season Piece: Oversized Polo Neck

Thursday, 31 October 2013


One of my favourite trends from this season is the oversized-look. Not only does it give me an excuse to buy everything in XL and not get a weird look from the cashier, but it also means that I can snuggle up all good 'n proper in the depths of the motherland (Russia, Y U SO COLD?). 
However, I stumbled upon one of the best ways to wear this trend very recently on hearing about the crazy buzz surrounding the sweatshirt pictured above by Acne. 'Why all the fuss?', I hear you ask! Well, personally its not something I'd usually wear, but the interesting thing about this piece is the high polo neck feature that adds a whole other dimension to the look. As high-necks were also widely featured on catwalks this season, this the answer to my ideal outfit! You can even double up with a proper chunky knit scarf and huddle over a pumkin spiced latte to guard against vile vile temperatures (Starbucks, I miss you more than you can imagine).

I recently saw this jumper on the gorgeous Victoria's blog and I love the way that she styles it...
Modeled by fashion and beauty blogger, Victoria of In The Frow

By rolling up the sleeves on an oversized piece, you can create a casual-chic look that gives the impression that you just threw your look together (a skill that many of us would kill to have!). It also helps to keep you looking shapely- drawing attention to your figure, despite the fact that you're wearing an oversized jumper. Trés clever.
Keep accessories to some bold earrings and basic silver stacked rings or go like Victoria and make the look preppy with some bold frames. Note: heels (or even just little kitten heel boots) will help keep you looking sharp and chic and avoid a 'just-got-out-of-bed' look. 

Here are some of my favourites for you to try out- the vast majority of which are from ASOS as they're MASSIVE advocates of this trend!


I'm currently on my year abroad in St Petersburg, Russia. If you'd like to keep up with my travels then follow my year abroad blog here...

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment